Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Old Poetry

I used to write lots and lots of poetry.  I had an account that I used to upload my poems to.  I can't believe that was 7 years ago.  Holy wow.  I've written lots of poem, mostly emotional ones.  It got me through a lot of stuff and I forgot how much I love to write poetry.   I'd say some of my favorite work was a series of poems where a jealous wife looks upon her husband who is completely obsessed with his work.  My favorite one of the series is titled:  The Painter and His Sculpture.  Here it is:

The Painter and His Sculpture


I watch him meticulously paint on the canvas,
his moves carefully planned and thought,
he shows his tender love and admiration,
till he creates that which he sought.
Envious I am sometimes as I watch,
his love for that he does paint,
He doesn't know that I have deep inner hatred,
for to him I'm a perfect saint.
With each gentle stroke, like a caress on the flesh,
the painter makes on the canvas bare,
his sensuous passion and endless desire,
to which I find hard to compare.
I know I am foolishly stating my anguish,
of the jealousy that I feel for his art, 
but how can one conceal this deep felt sorrow,
when a canvas has stolen his heart?
I'd die for the painter without even a thought,
for my passion for him never mild,
but as I look at the canvas he's painting,
she looks in my eyes and she smiles.





No comments: