Sunday, February 27, 2011

Books

So I love books.  Definitely an understatement but nonetheless I love them.  I love the feel of a book, the smell of a book, I just love books.  My only problem with them is the space they take up and the amount of clutter they cause after they've been read.  I have clutter issues in the first place but books take up a lot of my office clutter.   I've been debating over the past few months the prospect of getting a Kindle.   I was against it due to the fact that I love a printed book.  My husband has a Kindle and he loves it.  Every night we read in bed and I watch how effortless it is for him to hold his and how I have to sit a certain way for my book.

I also have been looking at the cost per book.  For a Kindle book, if its 6.99, its 6.99.  For a regular book, its 6.99+ shipping and handling.  Plus, I have to wait until it arrives for it to even be readable.  For the Kindle, its click click download enjoy.  Also, new hardcovers are cheaper on Kindle than in print.

I'm not even sure I'm going to like it yet. Sure, I've tried the hubby's just to see if I could tolerate it.  But its not "mine."  But I ordered one, it should arrive in 5-8 days.  So we shall see.  In the meantime, I have 1-2 printed books to finish before I try ebooks.


I know this is pathetic but why does it feel like I'm "cheating" on books?




No comments: