Saturday, March 13, 2010

ahhh

Actually sitting down in my house for more than just to say goodnight to Jon. Its been a CRAZY busy week. Between work, play rehearsal, and softball I have been on the go go go!!!! So I'm looking forward to a definite lazy lazy Sunday.

Today some of my new spring athletic wear came in and I'm super excited to get to wear them. This Thursday and Friday it is supposed to be 60's! Hopefully, I will get a chance to take advantage of the weather!! We should probably get outside for practice this week.

I am currently reading a book that one of my friends lent me called "Elsewhere." Its about a teenager who dies from a tragic accident. She was hit by a cab while crossing the street. The book opens up with the dog, Lucy, who was close with the girl, Lizzy, describing the way she was handling the death of her human. It was SO incredibly heartbreaking. I was crying before the book even started. The prologue alone was sad. I never really put into perspective the confusion and hurt that animals could be feeling when losing a loved one. I know how devastated I am when losing a pet. Oscar was the hardest and then Sparky. I never really thought how an animal must feel. Calypso is very attached to me and it makes me consider how it is she would feel if I went before her. That is giving me tears to just think about. Its amazing how valued pets are. I consider them my children. I mean, seriously, we talk to our pets and fulfill their needs as you would a child.

Anyways, the book takes the girl Lizzie and sends her to "Elsewhere" which is where people who die go. Apparently in "Elsewhere," you go back in age till you are back to a baby. When you reach the infant stage, you are sent back to Earth. Its an interesting premise. So Lizzie meets her grandmother who died of breast cancer when Lizzie's mom, Olivia, was pregnant with her. I stopped at the part where Lizzie finds out that she will never reach sixteen because she will now go backwards in time so essentially it will be 31 years before she reaches 15. Definitely an interesting concept........

Well, I really want to see what happens so I'm going to get going and do some reading...... I'm looking forward to a lazy Sunday tomorrow (not the part where I turn the clocks forward though!)

1 comment:

Dana said...

sounds like a good book, a little weird, but very cool- hopefully you're busy days are leaving you some time to get your workouts in too! you need to take some time for yourself and make it healthy time! i can't wait for you to have your dress fitting!

4months to go! how crazy!!!! i can't wait!

I tried on the dress when i got home, looks great, but i'm going to have to add straps b/c i feel like i'm in a towel! i feel so nakey!

i hope you enjoy your strawberry spread!