Saturday, May 22, 2010

56 and counting

Fifty six days and counting until the wedding day..... where did the time go??

So we had our first session of Pre Cana today and it was really nice. The couple that ran it were such nice people and made the experience very real and not a dictation of what you should and shouldn't do. It was nice to hear first hand experience as well as not be lectured about the "rules of the Catholic Church in regards to marriage."

After Pre Cana, Jonathan and I decided it was time to get our rings. We went to every store in the mall and I ended up getting my first choice, from the first store we went to, Zales. I looooooove my ring and no other store had it. While they had similar rings, this one was just perfect. It was exactly what I wanted and looks fabulous with my ring. My engagement ring is uniquely shaped so it was difficult to find a ring that fits. This ring just dips enough that it looks great with my ring as well as alone. I applied for a store card, was approved, and 15 minutes later we walked out with my ring (since I'm the standard size) and Jonathan (who is not standard sized, not even close) is on order.......

I'm so glad that I got my official engagement ring in January. While my other one is meaningful and I know Jon was on a tight budget... this one just fits.
Tomorrow is session 2 of Pre Cana.

No comments: