Monday, July 06, 2009

Food Shoping, Procrastination, and Breaking Heart

So I went food shopping today and spent way too much... I guess that is what happens when you don't go on a regular basis. Anyway, I stocked up on stuff so I can actually cook and not do take out so often. I took 2 hours in the grocery store and then another 1 1/2 putting the groceries away. So once I finished all of that I did not want to even touch the laundry. So, I will be working on that tomorrow... I hope.

Next week the kittens can go to their new homes. This is a very bittersweet time for me. I know that I did a good thing by taking these cats in but I am not the type of person that can do it and be done. It really is breaking my heart. I did look up shelters today in the area that are no-kill so that I at least know the cats won't be euthanized if they are not adopted in a timely fashion. Especially the mother cat, Rosie. She is absolutely the sweetest thing and it would tear me apart to know I sent her to her death :,-(. The other one that really breaks me to pieces is mohawk. This is the kitten that I said I wouldn't get attached to but she really has found a place in my heart. I hope that she gets a good home.

The one that we are keeping we decided to call "Malibu." It goes with Calypso's name and just is something different. We've been having little get to know you times with Malibu and Calypso. They get better each time. Hopefully they can become friends because I think it would be good for Calypso to have another cat to cuddle and play with.

I got my new phone today too. I got a blackberry curve in pink because it was a free upgrade. So I'll have fun playing around with it. Well, I'm going to go sit in the recliner with some tea and read. Surprisingly, I haven't done a whole lot of reading this vacation. Tomorrow I am going to do laundry and read all day...hopefully.

No comments: