Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow Days

I love snow days. Right now, I'm on the couch with my girls watching The Golden Girls as the snow falls. It looks so beautiful. It is one of the main reasons I love living in New York. I love the fact that we have 4 seasons. I love the snow in winter, I love the new beginnings of life in spring, I love the hot sunshine of summer, and I love the changing leaves of fall. Even the smells that come with each season I love. When Jon talks about moving to Florida, besides the fact I do not want to uproot and leave my family and friends, I don't want to give up my seasons for consistent sunshine. I would miss days like this where it is snowing so hard, with the snow so thick and beautiful covering the ground/trees/and everything.

But I do love days like this. I love being home and relaxing. Granted, I am doing laundry but I don't even mind doing that. Not with the snow looking as beautiful as it does and with being so relaxed.

Oddly lately, Calypso has been very affectionate. She has resumed sleeping in our bed the past week while Malibu sleeps under the bed and in the middle of the night comes to the bed. It is such a struggle to get out of bed in the morning when Malibu is cozy/asleep on my legs while Calypso is sleeping above my head on her pillow with her head resting on my hand, purring. Right now Calypso is laying right up against me and Malibu is on the other side of me on the couch, fast asleep. It is such a happy place. I mean, Calypso who is such a grumpy cat keeps licking my arm. Whatever caused this change, I love!

Well, I'm going to get back to the GG and relaxing. Again.... I LOVE days like this.

No comments: