Friday, October 22, 2010

Beautiful Day for a Walk

Day 4 of walking, I'm so happy that I've been keeping it up.  Met up with Dana and her little furbaby, Luna, for the walk today and the walk yesterday.  I was inspired by her blog to include photographs, so I brought mine along today.  Here are a few shots I got:
I love the reflection of the clouds in the water.
Laurel Grove Cemetery- path along the river


Laurel Grove Cemetery- path along other river
a dock
The weather was chilly but the sunshine and the day was beautiful.  We did our loop around St. Mary's and then walked to Laurel Grove and did a figure 8 kinda loop there.  It was nice to just walk and talk about anything and everything.  It also helped that Luna was so cute.  So much energy for such a little thing.





But I am very happy that I've actually gone for walks 4 days in a row.  I feel very accomplished and I've been sleeping better.  I love that I think about where I'm going to go and map out a path in my head.  I don't want to get bored by doing the same one every day.  I'm also happy that I'm up to 5.5 miles.  I know it will vary, especially once I incorporate some jogging.   But its nice to go for the walk and then come home and still have time to do the things I enjoy:  such as reading.
beautiful sunshine on the water... you'd never know it was cold


I loved the stone wall lining the path.

I just finished a book the other day, the third book in a week.  I just received books from Amazon today.  I'm really excited to start a new one tomorrow.  I thought I was going to start tonight but this blog took me longer than I thought.  I'm either going to start book 2 of the "Slightly" series I've been reading.  Its a "chick lit" series and the next one is called "Slightly Settled."  I to read books that I can escape in and do not have to think much.  But Dana really recommended that I read "The Noticer" which will make me think A LOT.  So we shall see what wins over.











No comments: