Saturday, October 24, 2009

Finally Rested

I finally feel rested..... I took a 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday... I just passed out. It was great. Then went to bed last night and slept till about 8:30ish... it was great to just be able to sleep and finally get some rest.

I'm relaxing today and taking advantage of having nothing much to do. I want to finish my book, catch up on shows, I must bake an apple pie to take to my grandma's later and I'm taking my parents out to lunch today for their anniversary. Tonight I'm going to my grandma's for dinner (linguine and clam sauce) and we're going to watch either The Wizard of Oz or Snow White.... two movies I very strongly associate with my grandma. Her birthday was on Wednesday and thought this would be a nice way to celebrate it!

I remember being little and going to the theater that used to be in Milford and seeing Snow White on the big screen. Its interesting because both of these movies came out within 2 years of each other. Snow White in 1937 and Wizard of Oz in 1939... Also interesting is the actress that played Snow White (Adrianna Caselotti) was also in The Wizard of Oz. During the scene where they meet the Tinman and he sings his song "If I Only Had a Heart" she sings Juliet's part that goes "Wherefore art thou, Romeo"

Well Malibu is making typing difficult to type so I am gonna stop here.

No comments: