Thursday, August 13, 2009

Unwinding

Yesterday was one of the looooooongest days I've had in a while. I got to the airport, said my see ya soons to Jon, and was on my way. We were boarding on the plane at 4pm and set to take off ahead of schedule (4:34 original departure time)... well 4:30 came and went and at 5pm we were told that we were waiting for a reroute from NY air traffic control due to storms and that the city wasn't allowing planes in and out... well 5:30 came around, 6pm came around and no updates of any sort from NYATC... you could tell our pilot was frustrated.... when 7pm came around, they told us they had no idea what time we were taking off and if we wanted to deplane and find food we could... so we did (and all that was open was a little souvenir shop/cafe) Once I bought my stuff, we were all paged to board the plane and finally at 7:30 (when I was supposed to have landed in Ft. Lauderdale) we were taking off.... by the time I landed (10:45 pm) and got to my uncles (11:50pm)... I was beat... I definitely slept well.


This morning when I woke up I was refreshed and it was 86 degrees at 9am already. After having a cup of coffee with my uncle, he went out to run some errands, and I got ready. We went to lunch at the Waterway Cafe and I got the dish I've been craving since I had it last summer. Its a Rajun Cajun Chicken Penne dish that is absolutely delicious. I will so learn how to make it. Then we went to the mall which is gorgeous. I had to get lipstick for my grandma from M.A.C. cosmetics and ended up talking with the guy who also was helping me find another color to add to my makeup collection. I asked for a suggestion for my eye color and he thought that I shoud bring out the blue in the blue green hazel eyes I have would be nice. So, he showed me some options and I chose one that is also work friendly. I also bought a new eyeliner pencil and some lipstick, lol. My uncle said, "I thought you guys were going to go have a cup of coffee with the way you were chatting up a storm." I told him, "Believe me, I'm very much not his type." But he was a good salesperson. The weird thing was he let me sample the lipstick first and he actually applied it for me. That was weird. But he was right, it did stay on for a long time. I'm glad that I bought it.

After our mall trip we went to the grocery store and then came back to the house. He took a nap and I went outside and did some reading (I finished a book). When he woke up we had drinks, they have happy hour in the afternoon so that was nice. We ordered dinner from a restaurant that delivers ribs. Freaking awesome if you ask me. So when Bob came home from work, we had dinner and then all watched some television.

That brings me to now. Its 10:17pm, I'm tired but not enough to sleep just yet. I'm definitely relaxed though and its nice. I wish I would have made the trip longer but I just remember how homesick I was last year. Not sure what the plan is for tomorrow but I think I'm going to go relax, watch some television, and get a good night's sleep.

No comments: